Health Benefits of Gotu Kola Leaf
Gotu Kola is a favorite herb for nourishing the brain. It is even more effective combined with Ginkgo Biloba Leaf. It gently increases mental alertness and vitality by feeding and nourishing the brain. Health benefits include;
- Has been used for centuries to treat leprosy and tuberculosis.
- Famous for its anti-aging properties. It is said to increase longevity, and strengthen brain power in amazing ways. It helps to renew energy levels, memory power, and mental clarity.
- Often used to speed the healing of wounds and minor burns. It also has been proven effective in improving the appearance of unsightly scars, especially on deep scarring. It is very useful in the healing process.
- Great for the health of the blood for many reasons. It increases blood circulation, and helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels which makes it a great choice for treating and preventing vein disorders.
- Known as a powerful anti-inflammatory which makes it a great treatment for hemorrhoids. For this reason it is also a great treatment for rheumatism and arthritis. It can also help with inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- A very mild diuretic that is very good for treating water retention and edema.
- A great nervine, and has been used for treating many nervous disorders. Is good for helping to prevent nervous breakdowns.
- Contains Vitamins A, B, C, and D.
- Is a source of calcium, manganese, phosphorus, chromium, cobalt, and magnesium.
How to Use
- Must be used consistently for at least 4 to 6 weeks before a difference is noticed.
- Externally, use as a poultice.
- For internal use you can use in tea or tincture combinations. It’s also good to use in powdered and encapsulated form.
Cautions and Side Effects
- Should not be taken by diabetics as it has a blood sugar raising effect.
- Not safe during pregnancy as it has an effect on blood circulation.