Health Benefits of Hibiscus Flowers
Hibiscus Flowers make a tasty tea addition and are typically used to treat mild colds and flu. Health benefits include;
- Has a natural cooling effect on the body which makes it wonderful to use if you are going through menopause and suffering from hot flashes. This quality also makes hibiscus a good treatment for fevers.
- Used to treat coughs by placing extracts from the plant in the patient’s bath or in water used for steam inhalations. It is often combined with other herbs to make a cough syrup. One of the plant’s main uses is to treat respiratory problems.
- It is great for treating anemia as it is a good blood builder. It is also effective in lowering blood pressure and reducing high cholesterol in many individuals.
- Often added to bulk laxatives as it helps to calm muscle spasms.
- Is a good treatment for acne and skin care. It can also have great benefits to the scalp and hair.
- Said to have anti-carcinogenic effects, which could be from the many antioxidants found in the plant.
- Is rich in Vitamin C. bioflavonoids, and antioxidants.
How to Use
- Used in tea combinations typically.
- It is also useful in tinctures.
Cautions and Side Effects
- Is safe for children.