Health Benefits of Sarsaparilla Root
Sarsaparilla used to be used in the production of soda pop because of its root beer like flavor. This herb is really tasty! Used as a blood purifier and for balancing hormones. Health Benefits include;
- Contains bitter compounds that increase the production of urine and promote sweating when taken hot. These same compounds can relieve inflammation, muscle spasms, and are antiseptic.
- Improves immune system
- Treats cancer and tumor growth
- Is known to be an excellent blood purifier. It binds to toxins, and causes them to be eliminated from the bowel easily. This makes it helpful for skin conditions such as psoriasis.
- Excellent in balancing hormones in both males and females. It contains the male hormones testosterone, progesterone, and cortin. It also stimulates the action of estrogen in females.
- Has been shown to have some antibiotic activity.
- When used as an eye wash it is good for eye infections.
- Is considered a mild laxative, and also a mild diuretic. This helps to remove excess water from the body and prevent edema.
- Often used to treat diseases of the nervous system such as Parkinson’s disease or Multiple Sclerosis.
- Helpful for arthritis and rheumatism.
- Cleanses and liver and gall bladder.
- Excellent herbal source of chromium, cobalt, iron, and selenium, and zinc. Very high in the trace minerals.
- Contains Vitamins A, B, C, and D.
How to Use
- Has a root beer like flavor that children love, so it is a great herb for children.
- Great in tea or tincture combinations.
Cautions and Side Effects of Sarsaparilla Root
- Safe during pregnancy, while nursing, and is safe for children.