Health Benefits of St. John’s Wort
St. John’s Wort is most famous for its ability to help with depression, including menapausal changes. It is a classic remedy for nerve damage. Health Benefits include;
- Has a good pain reducing effect when taken internally. This makes it a great treatment for neuralgia, fibrositis, sciatica, and rheumatism.
- Treats damage of the nerve endings, such as in burns, wounds, and trauma to the skin.
- Externally it is a valuable healing and anti-inflammatory remedy. In an ointment, it will speed the healing of wounds and bruises, varicose veins, and mild burns. It is excellent for speeding the recovery from sunburn.
- Used to calm muscle twitching and uncontrolled movements, such as Tourettes.
- As a sedative, it is very useful in depression, irritability, tension, stress, anxiety, seasonal affective disorder, and personality disorders.
- Can be a good treatment for chronic fatigue and hypochondriasis.
- Prevents cancer
- Protects against viral infections
- Soothes nervous system,
- Regulates hormonal activity
- Treats PMS
How to Use
- Use internally in tea and tinctures.
- Use externally as a poultice or in a salve.
Cautions and Side Effects
- Safe while pregnant, nursing, and safe for children.